Frequently Asked Questions
What style of training will I be doing? What’s your style or training ideology?
We prescribe and recommend the following for all clients:
- Sustained Movement (Walking, running, biking, rowing, hiking etc.)
- Lifting heavy things (strength training, weight lifting, circuit training, interval weight training (IWT))
- Fight or Flight protocols (Sprinting, sled work, heavy bag, Sledgehammer work, jumping, crawling, climbing, hard rowing, etc.)
- Nutrition (Primal, Ketogenic, Paleo, or any ancestral health eating protocol that encourages subsisting on healthy fats, meats and eggs, green vegetables, occasional in-season fruits, and occasional roots and tubers, while avoiding sugars, processed Neolithic foods, gluten, grains, wheats, and seed oils). Our lean, fit, disease-free ancestors were fat burners with extreme metabolic flexibility. There will be nutrition information available to you on the site, but specific, custom nutrition protocols are offered as an additional service. Let your trainer know if you want nutritional support added to your membership.
- Sleep (eliminating unnecessary blue light stimulation after dusk and resetting your circadian rhythm.)
- Play, and reduction of stress. (Our ancestors enjoyed life, avoided stress, spent time with family, napped, played, socialized, and laughed. This is all part of the recovery cycle.)
Your workouts will be a combination of Strength training, metabolic training, and sustained movement. These workouts will generally come in the form of circuits workouts or Interval weight training workouts typically programmed in one of three types; Full-body workouts or split workouts. Split workouts are often “split” up into two days with day one focusing on lower body and smaller arm muscles such as shoulders, triceps, or biceps, (or all three). Day two will generally be a “push / pull” workout, working the larger muscles of the upper body (back group, chest group, etc.) Most days will have an abdominal/ core element as well with high intensity metabolic periods sprinkled in. Most of our workouts can be completed in 30 to 45 minutes, some even less. It’s about brief, intense, and efficient workouts. Many of the workouts you receive will have Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced options. You will be given a recommended level by your trainer but always have the freedom to do one of the other workout levels if you desire.
How do I get my workouts?
Are there contracts?
What if I train at home, and lack the equipment required to do some of the exercises?
What if I have unique or specific needs or goals beyond the workouts prescribed?
Let's Redefine What Strong Means For You.
Original Workout Online
Personal Training is our signature service. Rob Goodwin has teamed with a dynamic staff of trainers, instructors and coaches to bring the finest in Online Personal Training to you in your unique environment. Our workouts are targeted and custom designed to fit your needs, goals and current fitness level.